Hello Laureate Park Residents,
This email serves as a reminder to homeowners as well as community information.
The HOA is planning an in-person meeting for next month or early August. We're nearing agreement on a date and location. Details to follow.
LP Aquatic Center Rules
- The lap lane is for lap swimming only. Please keep the lap lanes clear as this disrupts members swimming laps.
- No diving, running, or horseplay permitted.
- Place trash in receptacles.
- No food or beverages in the pool or the pool's wet deck.
- No loud music, earphones are to be used.
- Proper swimming attire is required - no cut-offs or thongs.
- Be courteous, no boisterous behavior or crude language.
Failure to comply with the Aquatic Center rules, could result in suspension of amenity access.
4th of July
As the 4th of July is approaching, we would like to remind residents about the use of fireworks being prohibited within Laureate Park per the documents of the HOA. If the fireworks leave the ground, they are prohibited.
EXHIBIT "E" (USE RESTRICTIONS)
(b) Firearms; Fireworks. The use and discharge of firearms within the Property is prohibited. The term "firearms" includes "B-B" guns, pellet guns, and other firearms of all types, regardless of size. The use and discharge of fireworks is prohibited.
Florida Statue 791; Sale of Fireworks does not supersede the HOA Covenants documents. Florida Statue 791.08 (3), The Legislature does not intend for the application of this section to supersede any prohibition against the use of fireworks contained within a legally executed and properly recorded declaration of covenants or covenant running with the land of any homeowners’ association pursuant to chapter 720.
To help enforce this rule, the HOA hired 3 security patrol officers from Most Qualified Security Professionals. They will be patrolling the common areas from 6:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m.
Many do not realize the effect that fireworks can have on people and animals so, please be responsible and respectful to the elderly, young children, pets, veterans, and other community residents.
Social Media Page (Facebook)
Residents, not the HOA, manage the Laureate Park Facebook page. All official HOA information is always available on the Laureate Park website (https://www.laureateparkhoa.com/) or emailed by Artemis Lifestyles.
As with every hurricane season regardless of forecast, knowing the essentials of how to prepare could keep you, your family, and the community safe. Below are some helpful tips to prepare for hurricane season.
Securing Your Home
- Keep trees and shrubs around your home trimmed.
- All dead Palm Tree fronds should be removed.
- The HOA will be trimming all attached unit and common area Palm Trees in the beginning of July.
- Remove all items from your exterior areas, including trash bins, plants, chairs, tables, grills, recreational equipment, etc. These items can be dangerous flying objects in the event of high winds.
- If you live in an area that has a lot of construction, the HOA will remove the culvert protectors if a hurricane is expected. The HOA will replace these protectors once it is safe to do so.
- The HOA will request the builders of new construction homes to secure and/or remove their materials in advance of the upcoming storm.
After the Storm
- Use caution when assessing damage to your home and property.
- Please stay away from downed trees and limbs as they can be a safety issue. Trees can still fall due to the saturation of the soil.
- Do not enter flood waters. The only way for the flooding to go down is for it to recede naturally.
- The landscape and HOA team will be onsite to assess the community after the storm has passed and when it is safe to do so.
- If you are in an attached unit and need to have your roof inspected and/or repaired due to storm damage, please take a photo and email them to the HOA Community Association Manager at email@example.com. Please understand that the roof vendor will assess the roof when it is safe to do so.
You can find other helpful hints and preparation guidelines at https://www.noaa.gov/hurricane-prep.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact your HOA team at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 407-705-2190 ext 266.